Tuesday 6 March 2012

w/c 27 Feb - Busy and fast!

Another short blog entry this week, because I only managed to get out twice - Saturday and Sunday.  The working week was very busy and crucial as we were starting with a new client.

But what a great couple of runs!  It feels like I'm stronger - there is no better feeling for an athlete that knowing that the effort of training is paying off.  I ran what i glibly call my 1:15 run on Moel Famau on Saturday.  It's a run that I've only run under 1:15 twice before - it's a 7 mile rollercoater that has 2,300' feet of ascent and descent in and very runnable, which is what makes it so tough.  I managed 1:14:42, which is a personal best.  It was a shock - i felt good but it was muddy underfoot and so I was not expecting to fly.  But it clicked, I ran and it was good!  I pushed very hard when i sensed it was 'on' and was knackered at the end.

The next day the snow fell and Moel Famau was transformed from a spring like breeze to a wintry scene again, which I was fed up with.  I managed another strong run of 6M and 2600' (some reps up Fenlli thrown in) the day after and ended up having a good weekend.  But the need for a long day is growing.

If i carry on like this, i'll get fit, but not fit for a round.  Hoping for a long day out next week.

Week Summary:

Sat - 7M, 2,300 feet - fast hard run
Sun - 6M, 2,700 feet - snowy brisk fell run

Total - just 13M and 5,000 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment