Wednesday 15 February 2012

w/c 6 February - Ill

A frozen Kinder Downfall
This week, after the snowy Long Mynd, I was ill.  I managed two runs, and it was awful.

On Monday, I was sore after the LM but felt good, if a little snotty.  On Tuesday, it all went wrong.  Let's just say that a few sudden trips to the loo were required for the rest of the week.

I managed to get out and run on Kinder on Thursday in the snow, but didn't feel great and it put me back a bit.  Took some nice photos though!

My wife and daughter were ill later that week and so when i felt better at the weekend, my planned run on Sunday on the Moelwyns was not going to happen.  This was a blow as I need to get some long runs in.

A road run on Sunday once the Immodium had kicked in (ewww!) and that was it.  Just 13 miles and 2300' for the week.

Next week I'm away with work and running is going to be tough, esp as I'm nowhere near the hills at the weekend as I'm visiting family.

All of a sudden, this thing feels very hard to train for...


2 comments:

  1. Come on Mark, let's be having you. You've prepared for enough long rounds to know two things: firstly before you really get going and properly hill-fit the challenge seems impossible and secondly, you've got plenty of time still to train and a relatively poor week or two won't affect your training. Better to be ill in February rather than April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, you're right. GOing to start training for the round in April and not worry too much now. Next stop Skyline! I'll be alright - feel better already in fact!

    ReplyDelete