Sunday 8 January 2012

w/c 2nd Jan - Nothing yet....

Kinder Downfall

These are the hard yards.  I can't see any big changes yet.

When you're returning from injury, or even just upping the training, there is a point where the increase in training seemingly produces just increases in tiredness rather than in athletic performances.  It's a rite of passage, and has to be endured before the speed and power start to show themselves.  Until the rite is earned, it just feels crap.

This week I've really enjoyed being able to run as much as I have.  My client is being a bit slow in calling me back after Christmas and so I've a little more time than expected.  This means more time with my gorgeous wife and baby daughter, but the runner in me is smiling also ;-)

I have been away to work a couple of days and had to be sneaky about getting runs in, but for the most part it's been great week, including two lovely days in the hills.

Hard yards they may be, but when those yards are spent in the hills it's such a pleasure.

Next week: a race, to see whether i'm any fitter, really....

Week summary:

Monday - 10M, 2100' Kinder Downfall route
Tuesday - Rest day
Wednesday - 12M, 5000' Long Mynd Valleys (plus extra hill) route
Thurs  - 5 sprint efforts (at 11pm after conference dinner - amazed i sneaked it in!)
Fri - Rest (well, driving most of the day :( )
Sat - 6 reps up Pistyll Hill, which is an evil and VERY steep road rep.  5 flat out and 1 warm up - red lining all the way
Sun - 2 Tattenhall Railways and a bit of trail running - too many dogs around

Total - 8,000', 30 miles or so
Yearlet, Long Mynd

No comments:

Post a Comment